What Causes Oxidation
Oxidation or tarnishing is caused when oxygen contact with sterling silver and it turns black. Sterling Silver comes in different levels of purity and higher purity silver will tarnish more quickly.
Isolating your silver jewelry from oxygen in the air will help minimize that oxidation. Here are some tips:
- Place in an area with low humidity
- Store individual pieces separately
- Store each piece in a zip-lock bag
- Keep clasps/closures unhooked
You should remove your silver jewelry before doing any of the following:
- Using household cleaning supplies
Caring for Sterling Silver
Polishing Sterling Silver is typically the best way to clean your Sterling Silver jewelry. Be sure to do the following:
- Use a special non-abrasive cloth to avoid scratching
- Frequently rotate to a new section of the cloth
- Avoid areas that are intentionally oxidized
- Do not rub in a circular pattern. Follow the grain of the silver
Keeping jewelry properly is important as wearing it well.
We hope you enjoy our beautiful products everyday. Anela Revese provide the "PVC slider zip bag" to all customers to keep your jewelry safe. It's helps to absorb tarnish-causing elements.